Self-Pay Collections: Skills for Success (Medi-Cal)
In today’s environment there are many factors that contribute to healthcare providers’ need for faster payment turnaround. Healthcare costs continue to shift to the patient and co-payments, deductibles, and coinsurance obligations are higher than they have ever been. In this course, we will explore some core behaviors and practices staff members can follow to make self-pay collections successfully.
- Define types of patient liability and name elements of financial literacy
- Identify successful collector attitudes and reasons why debtors might object to paying
- List steps in a successful collection process for self-pay balances
- Demonstrate good listening and negotiating skills
- Establish strategies for overcoming challenging debtor situations and common objections
Advance Preparation: None
Program level: Basic
Delivery Method: Self-study
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
To register in this course, please use the Register button. If you have already registered in the course, you can open it using the Launch button.
Refunds and Concerns:
For information regarding refunds, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.