Managing Uncollectible Accounts (Medicaid)
An uncollectible account is a patient account that a healthcare provider has determined is not collectible. Many organizations monitor uncollectible accounts as a measure of financial performance. This course covers methods for minimizing bad debt as well as methods for addressing uncollectible accounts.
• Name benefits of monitoring and managing uncollectible accounts
• Identify methods for calculating the impact of uncollectible accounts
• Name considerations organizations should make before sending an account to an outside agency, and potential consequences
• Identify criteria a Medicare account must meet before it qualifies as bad debt
• Choose best practices for processing Medicare bad debt
Advance Preparation: None
Program level: Basic
Delivery Method: Self-study
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
To register in this course, please use the Register button located in the top right-hand corner of this page. If you have already registered in the course, you can open it using the Launch button located there instead.
Refunds and Concerns:
For information regarding refunds, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.