Managing Uncollectible Accounts (Medi-Cal)
An uncollectible account is a patient account that a healthcare provider has determined is not collectible. Many organizations monitor uncollectible accounts as a measure of financial performance. This course covers methods for minimizing bad debt as well as methods for addressing uncollectible accounts.
- Name benefits of monitoring and managing uncollectible accounts
- Identify methods for calculating the impact of uncollectible accounts
- Name considerations organizations should make before sending an account to an outside agency, and potential consequences
- Identify criteria a Medicare account must meet before it qualifies as bad debt
- Choose best practices for processing Medicare bad debt
Advance Preparation: None
Program level: Basic
Delivery Method: Self-study
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
To register in this course, please use the Register button. If you have already registered in the course, you can open it using the Launch button.
Refunds and Concerns:
For information regarding refunds, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.