Managing Uncollectible Accounts (Medi-Cal)
An uncollectible account is a patient account that a healthcare provider has determined is not collectible. Many organizations monitor uncollectible accounts as a measure of financial performance. This course covers methods for minimizing bad debt as well as methods for addressing uncollectible accounts.
- Name benefits of monitoring and managing uncollectible accounts
- Identify methods for calculating the impact of uncollectible accounts
- Name considerations organizations should make before sending an account to an outside agency, and potential consequences
- Identify criteria a Medicare account must meet before it qualifies as bad debt
- Choose best practices for processing Medicare bad debt
Refunds and Concerns: