HIPAA Omnibus Rule (Medi-Cal)
The HIPAA Omnibus Rule is a final rule that expands and clarifies parts of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA, compliance requirements.
- Identify when patients have the right to restrict disclosure to payers
- Choose how to handle requests for copies of protected health information, or PHI
- Determine when marketing communications are appropriate
- Name revised policy for sale of PHI, policy for research authorization, and definition of business associates under the HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- Identify implications of non-compliance
Advance Preparation: None
Program level: Basic
Delivery Method: Self-study
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
To register in this course, please use the Register button. If you have already registered in the course, you can open it using the Launch button.
Refunds and Concerns:
For information regarding refunds, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies, please email us at email@example.com.