Legal Aspects of Collecting: Federal Regulations and Accident Liability Cases (Medi-Cal)
Although many states have their own consumer protection and collection laws, there are also laws at the federal level that apply to creditors nationwide.
- Identify requirements under the Truth in Lending Consumer Credit Cost Disclosure regulation
- Name provisions under the Fair Credit Report Act and Fair Credit Billing Act
- Identify guidelines for communication with patients under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Indicate which collection practices are illegal under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Choose best steps to take when handling accident and liability cases and how to work through a patient’s attorney
Advance Preparation: None
Program level: Basic
Delivery Method: Self-study
CPE Field of Study: Business Law
To register in this course, please use the Register button. If you have already registered in the course, you can open it using the Launch button.
Refunds and Concerns:
For information regarding refunds, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies, please email us at email@example.com.